Explore Your Universe at Harvard
A new interactive touchscreen kiosk is being installed in the Harvard Science Center lobby. The kiosk is set up to run WorldWide Telescope Tours that highlight content relevant to research and teaching at Harvard University. Our goal is to increase Harvard students' awareness of both: 1) Astronomy's contribution to science and humanity's understanding of the Universe overall and 2) course content and student research offerings relevant to Astronomy, Earth & Planetary Science, and History of Science at Harvard. Here is the web version (not interactive) of the kiosk. Visit the kiosk in Science Center Lobby, right opposite the Cafe, to explore the interactive tours.
The WorldWide Telescope Kiosk project was funded by a Spark grant from the Harvard Initiative for Learning and Teaching to Prof. Alyssa Goodman, Prof. Edo Berger, Prof. John Johnson, Prof. Robert Kirshner, Prof. Alicia Soderberg, Prof. Dimitra Sasselov, Dr. Pat Udomprasert.
Lead Soft- & Hardware Developer, Content Designer
Lead WorldWide Telescope Content & Survey Editor
Follow #touchwwt on Twitter
- I heard Carl Sagan talk (at our physics club mtg) about the greenhouse effect on Venus when I was a senior at Harvard in 1969. #Cosmos
- The return of Manhattanhenge t.co/NCWu8dyvwq
- Wow Owen Gingerich is watching my Galileo tour! t.co/PzUUXhatxJ
- Hey @aagie ... I hear you have a lot of friends who care about Astronomy and outreach? Maybe they would like to follow me too?? #dotastro
- The official kiosk launch is tomorrow! And, I'm pretty excited for the free ice cream... Stop by 3:30-4:30pm to share in the festivities!